Boston on a budget – Like any world class city, Boston can with a world class price that cater to the 5% of us that travel ‘money no object.’ But for those of us that live in reality we don’t have that luxury but those that want to visit this beautiful city here are some alternatives that will keep money in your wallet. First is lodging, I do suggest you look at the trivago.com, depending on the time of year some hotels offer great deals so that four star hotel can have a three star price. Their are hostels throughout the city and those that do not mind, here are the five best:
1. HI Boston – if there were ever a four star hostel this is it. Located in Chinatown, near the Boston Common and Downtown Crossing and subway lines. Room here start at $52.00 per night
2. Boston Fenway Inn – this hostel has a great rates and location but it is also NON – REFUNDABLE once you’ve book it’s yours even if you have a change in plans dorm rooms start at $60 per night.
3. 40 Berkeley – located in the South End bordering the Back Bay rate here start at $105 night for a private room and shared shower.
4. Friend Street Hostel – located in Boston’s North End ‘Little Italy’ rates here start at $40 a night
5. Backpackers Boston – for those that don’t mind staying about 20 – 25 minutes outside of the city rooms here are all dormitory starting at $40 with free breakfast.
Depending on the time of year you’ll also find good rates at the chain hotels if you need a break from the hostels. These are the cities top five. Once you secure your lodging you’ll see that Boston is a great city and so much to see and do and a lot of it for free, a word as travelers might be our favorite.
In the next post I’ll tell the best of ‘free’ Boston.