I will never turn down a great steak, in fact it’s my favorite meal. Give me a bone in New York Sirloin, sauteed broccoli a perfect Shiraz and I am a happy man. For those that live in and visit Boston here are (in my opinion) the city’s top steakhouses and most of them will not empty your wallet. Here is a list of Boston’s Best Steakhouse’s
1. Boston Chops – hands down the best steak in the city. Located in the city’s South End it is the perfect neighborhood restaurant with a menu of great steaks and prices to go along with them and a wine menu that can compete with any restaurant in the city.
2. Whiskey’s – for those of us truly on a budget, which is the majority of us visit Whiskeys Steakhouse from the 8 oz. filet $20.95 to the 16 oz ribeye for $24.95 this is a place for all of us – rich man and not so rich man.
3. Grill 23 – this is one of the city’s top steakhouses so get ready to pull out the plastic or have pockets filled $100 dollar bills. The one thing that separate’s Grill 23 from the city’s other top steakhouses it is not a chain and that is why it’ll always be a favorite.
4. Fogo de Chao – this is an ‘all you can eat’ Brazilian Steakhouse located in the Westin Hotel in Copley Square. Steaks are served table side and at $54.00 a person this is a place not to be missed for those that want to try something different and still have money for desert
5. Davios Northern Italian Steak House – Like Grill 23 you will need deep pockets for dinner. Located in the Back Bay this Italian restaurant come’s at a price in some cases it might be cheaper to fly yourself to Rome.
And while these are my favorite Boston has a multitude of steakhouses (most of which are upscale) but there are plenty of hidden gems throughout the city that won’t break your bank so you’ll have plenty of money left over for desert and a great tip for your server. Enjoy your steak.