When it comes to museums Boston has a multitude that will satisfy every art lover that visits the city from classic to contemporary, pop art to aesthetic and one of a former president here are five of the best museum’s the city has to offer:
1. Boston Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) – for those looking for all of the above this is your spot. The MFA is one of the most comprehensive art museums in the US and it is free on Wednesday.
2. Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) – title says it all, sitting on Boston’s waterfront and every Thursday from 5 – 9 p.m. it is free.
3. The Museum of Science – one of the most popular places in Boston, Science Museum, indoor zoo, Mugar Omini Theater and the only domed Imax screen in New England
4. Boston’s Children’s Museum – for those of you that are travelling with children, this is the second oldest in the U.S. Diagonal of the ICA something for every age, Fridays admission is $1 from 5 – 9 p.m.
5. John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum – the name says it all.