While the rest of the world calls it chowder in Boston it is ‘New England Chowda’ and for those of you looking to try some, here are the five best places of New England Clam Chowder in Boston:
1. Boston Chowda Company – hands down the best chowda you will find anywhere in Boston. Located in historic Quincy Market a visit to the Boston Chowda Company is a must and it will not empty your wallet.
2. Boston Sail Loft – known for their overflowing white mugs it is clam chowda with a view, the sail loft is located on Boston’s waterfront. Another spot that will not empty your wallet, and the view can’t be equaled.
3. Union Oyster House – located on The Freedom Trail near Quincy Market, The Union Oyster House is the oldest restaurant in the U.S., offering some of the bets chowda that will not empty your wallet.
4. The Barking Crab – located in Boston’s Seaport district here’s another place that will not break your bank and serve you some of the city’s finest chowda.
5. The Atlantic Fish Company – I chose to add this because it has among the best chowda in the city but it is the Back Bay and you will have dig a little deeper in those pockets it is worth it.